Thursday, November 5, 2009

So Easy, Even My Mom Can Do It....


Well, apparently not. She asked me to make quesadillas for dinner tonight because she said she didn't know how to make them. Now, I'm not sure if she 'really' didn't know, or 'really' just did not want to cook dinner.lol. Anyway, here is my recipe. If you can make a grill cheese sandwich. you can make a chicken quesadilla.


Heat and then add oil to a saute pan. (I guess 2 or 3 table spoons. I just like to coat the bottom of the pan).


Take some chicken (the easy thing to do is buy a bag of chicken from the store, pre-cut and cooked. All you have to do is open the bag and reheat in the pan) once the pan is heated up and saute in the oil, along with one onion cut up (I don't dice it, I just cut the onion in half and then make small slices of both sides).


As the onion and chicken cooks in the pan, add whatever you want to the mix. I like to saute mushrooms and bell peppers with it. Then I'll add fresh crushed garlic, Salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, taco seasoning, maybe some basil flakes. If the mix seems dry, I add a spoon full of butter and maybe some hot sauce if I really want some heat. I'd love to give you exact measurements, but the truth is I'm an eye baller cook. I never make the same thing the same way twice.


Once everything is cooked up just right (you don't want to over cook the onions and bell pepper), I dump the mixture on a plate and kind of glaze the pan over with some butter. I take one large flour tortilla and lay it flat. On half the tortilla I lay out some shredded cheese (mixed cheddar is fine). On top of the cheese I spoon over my chicken mixture and then add more cheese. I let the cheese kind of start to melt then fold over the other half of the tortilla like a sandwich. Once one side is browned I turn over the quesadilla to brown the other side.


I personally like my tortilla to be crispy. Soft Quesadillas tend to get soggy quickly.


Once both sides are kind of golden brown I place it on a plate then cut it up into 3 or 4 pieces.


In a bowl I mix together onion, avocado, and cut tomatoes with some salt and pepper. Spoon that over the top of the tortillas. You can dollop sour cream over each slice and then shake some hot sauce or salsa over that.


That's it. Yummy, cheesy, chickeny goodness.

0 comments: